I’ve been writing a mediocre game engine using SFML and OpenGL. Up until recently it has been building without difficulties, except for my own typos, bad code, etc. I’m building it as a static library, so (as I understand it, please correct me if wrong) after the actual compilation Codelite uses
ar to stuff all the .o outputs into a single .a file. This seems to be where the issue is occuring.
/usr/bin/ar rcu ./Debug/libNDjinn.a @"NDjinn.txt" "GL" "sfml-graphics" "sfml-window" "sfml-audio" "sfml-network" "sfml-system" /usr/bin/ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U') /usr/bin/ar: GL: No such file or directory make: *** [NDjinn.mk:80: Debug/libNDjinn.a] Error 1
The rest of the build log is minimal and has no errors, only a warning about a switch statement not handling all cases, which was there when it was building correctly. I’m using clang++, but I have also tried g++ with no change.
I’ve seen some people having an issue where
ar couldn’t find the file marked with @. The solution in those cases was to disable that method of passing the input files, and have Codelite instead pass each file as a separate arg. I tried this as well, no luck.
I’ve verified that no demons have gone in and removed
/usr/include/GL or indeed
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libGL.so since the time it last worked.
Source: Windows Questions C++