I started having connections errors with Docker on Windows 10. I didn’t use Docker for few months so there were couple of updates and changes in configuration, which possibly could cause this effect.
Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/: net/http: request canceled while waiting for connection (Client.Timeout exceeded while awaiting headers)
Example commands that raise the error
docker run hello-world
- I don’t use proxy.
- Docker v20.10.2.
- Windows 10 Pro.
- Docker has WSL 2 based engine enabled using Ubuntu 20.4 distro.
- In ‘Turn Windows feature on or off’ ‘Hyper-V’ and ‘Windows subsystem for Linux’ is enabled.
- In Windows Defender firewall mDNS service, HNS Container Networking, DNS Server Forward Rules, DockerProxy, Hyper-V and Hyper-V clients are enabled for private and public networks. Hyper-V
replicas for HTTP and HTTPS are disabled.
What I’ve tried so far
- manual DNS configuration enabled and fixed DNS ip 220.127.116.11 typed in Docker Desktop (I’ve also tried 18.104.22.168),
- same as above, but instead of 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 I tried also 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 (OpenDNS),
- manual DNS configuration disabled,
- reinstall Docker Desktop,
- reset Docker to factory defaults,
- restart Docker,
- try to explicitly set the maximum transfer unit to 1500 (with
- increase the timeout time (
- set DNS server to 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 in IPv4 in properties of each connection in Network connections,
- as above but also disable IPv6.
What seems particular about my case
There are plenty of similar questions on the net, but I noticed that both my Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters – both vEthernet Default Switch and vEthernet (WSL) – have ‘no network connection’ message. This regards IPv4 and IPv6. When I ping those IPs, I receive
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
After system restart, both adapters empty IPv4 DNS servers fields.
Is this ok?
docker info produces the following warnings:
WARNING: No blkio weight_device support WARNING: No blkio throttle.read_bps_device support WARNING: No blkio throttle.write_bps_device support WARNING: No blkio throttle.read_iops_device support WARNING: No blkio throttle.write_iops_device support
How can I debug or at least troubleshoot this issue further? Any point to a right direction would be appreciated.
Source: Windows Questions