When I’m running Android emulator, Virtual Box or VMware my Windows (host) become extremely slow. The mouse pointer is lagging. When I look in Task Manager, I got a lot of free RAM and the CPU is only working at 40-50% utilization.
I doesn’t matter how much or how little of CPU/RAM I give to the emulator, it’s the same effect.
Since my laptop is kind of new, I find this very strange.
- Lenovo Thinkpad
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8665U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz
- Installed RAM: 40,0 GB (39,8 GB usable)
- System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
- Windows 10, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1165
- Hyper-v enabled in Windows
I have updated to latest version of Windows (via insider program), latest Android / VMware / Virtual Box.
Source: Windows Questions