I’ve tried a half dozen things, but I cannot get Visual Studio working. I keep getting this error when trying to build/debug any program, no matter how simple.
Any suggestions? Here’s what I’ve tried:
- Reset and completely reinstalled Windows 11 (new VM)
- Reset and completely reinstalled Visual Studio 2022
- Installed latest Visual C++ Redistributable (x64 & ARM)
- Storing the project on the shared MacOS/Windows drive
- Storing the project directly on the Windows drive (virtual)
- Verifying that the DLL is in fact stored in System32 (it was)
This is a 21H2 Windows 11 ARM Virtual Machine running via Parallels on MacOS Monterey 12.1.
Source: Visual Studio Questions